Thursday, January 14, 2010

Gift Card Dilemma

I recently got a $25 gift card to Chapters/Indigo.

So, here's my dilemma... What book should I get?

There are plenty of novels that I would like to read but I'd prefer to buy those at reduced prices at used book sales, especially since I'd probably only read it once or twice

I am sure there are other books I would like to read but these two are the only ones I could think of. I really need to get better at keeping a list of books I want to read. Currently, I have scraps of paper all around the house with books listed on them! One of these days, I *will* get organized.


(click image to read more about the book)

All-New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew

Why I want it:

I borrowed this book from the library a while back and I liked it. I had planned to buy a copy for myself and start a square foot garden in our yard but, before I could, my husband was diagnosed with cancer and our plans went out the window. I would still like to do a little garden for some of my most consumed veggies, hopefully this summer.



(click image to read more about the book)

Beyond Life's Storms: A Journey Towards Healing by Isabel Cuerrier.

Why I want it:

The reason for wanting to read this book is a more personal one. The author's daughter was a classmate of mine. Her death had a profound affect on me, even though at the time of her death we did not know each other that well. In any case, I've been wanting to read this book ever since I first heard about it.


So, which book do you think I should get? Vote below!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Re: book lists... once you get an account on Indigo.ca there is a wish list there... that's a good place to keep track. Also, Shelfari would be a great place to keep track of books you want to read. It's another google connected product, and you can link your book lists to your blog really easy (see my blog!) You don't have to add books you own to your shelf, there is a whole set of identifiers to ID "books I want to read" and "books I want to own". It's an awesome website, easy to update, easy to use. LibraryThing is another good one. You can always check back in my posts to see my thoughts on them.

If you'd rather shop at used book stores (like BookShelf, Tell Tony the owner I sent you!) for novels, I would recommend a book you would use a lot, like the gardening book or a cook book. it could be fun to get a cook book, something suited to what you want to do now, like a Once A Month Cookbook, or a small portion cook book!

Jenners said...

I voted ... for the gardening book. Let us know what happens ... I couldn't see the results.