Saturday, January 30, 2010

OAMC - 01/30/10


apple cinnamon pancakes

granola
banana bread

only a few of the
cookie dough balls

not pictured:

pizza sauce
pizza dough x 3
(ate one for supper, the other 2 in freezer)

*~*~*

This month, I focused more on breakfast and snack items because I still have plenty of meals left over from my December OAMC (Once A Month Cooking). This is amazing considering the fact that many of my meals since have come from that batch of cooking.

In January, the challenge was to eat from the pantry and freezer. I did pretty well with that. I did not buy very many groceries throughout the month of January and absolutely no meat at all save for a rotisserie chicken (which provided several meals too!) and some deli ham. I still need to improve on my menu planning and shopping strategies but I think by incorporating OAMC into my life, the rest will fall into place.

To learn more about OAMC, click HERE.

9 comments:

Controlling My Chaos said...

The thought of cooking for a month makes me tired. You must spend all weekend in the kitchen to do that.

Kelly said...

I need to incorporate some of these ideas into my menu planning. Maybe not all at once, but staggered?

Looks yummy!

Brian Miller said...

wow. that would be wuite a challenge....can i have some cookie dough now. smiles.

Jill said...

Everything looks so yummy!!

Jenners said...

Oh My ... that all looks really really good. I want those cookie balls!!!!! I'll take 100 please.

teresa said...

Great job. I'm glad to see that OAMC is working well for you.

Unknown said...

Cookies! Yum! Of course it all looks great!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm pancakes!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome, Ter. Those pancakes look soooo yummy!