Saturday, June 5, 2010

Follower of the Month: Maggie

One of the reasons I decided to start doing a "Follower of the Month" feature on my blog was to get to know my readers a little bit better. Occasionally, I come to realize that I have never really even looked at someone's blog before. This month's "Follower of the Month" is one of those people. I have always enjoyed her comments and have even emailed back and forth a couple times after responding to a comment. But when she raised her virtual hand to be my Follower of the Month for June, I clicked on her blog link....and realized I didn't even read her blog. I'm glad to get to know her a bit more and I think you'll enjoy meeting her too.

Please meet Maggie from "Butterflies for Alexandra":



1.What's your name? (real or user)

Maggie

2.Tell us a little bit about you.

I'm 31 years old and a Mommy to my daughter, Alexandra. She was born sleeping 11/16/09 at 35 weeks gestation.

3.When did you start blogging and why?

I started blogging in January 2010. After Alexandra died, I spent a long time online looking for answers and support. I found all these blogs and decided to start one of my own!

4.Tell us a bit about your blog(s).

It's all about my little girl and how I'm coping with her loss.

5.Has blogging changed you or your outlook on life at all?

Definitely! I love the amount of support I have been given through these blogs and I really do care for each and every follower I have or blog that I follow. After all of this happened, it was hard for me to see the good that could come out of this or see the good in people. Blogging definitely changed my outlook on that. I've never met a better group of ladies before and many give me a great amount of support. The ones who go on to have rainbow babies really give me some hope. It's very inspiring.




6.Link us to 1 - 3 of your favorite posts from your own blog(s)

Happy 3 Months

Marvelous Mondays

Ohana

7.Link us to 1 - 3 of your favorite fellow bloggers

Antoinette

Jill

Susan

8.How did you come to be a follower of mine and why do you follow me?

I became a follower of yours after seeing a Patches the Bear button on another blog. After that, I found your blog and learned of your story too. I follow you because your blog was another blog that gave me comfort at the right time.

9.What, if anything, have you gained from reading from my blog?

Some hope, that's all I want! And meeting you, another blog friend! :-)


10. Tell me the truth, you're going to brag to all your bloggy friends that you were my follower of the month, aren't you? ;)

You betcha!



6 comments:

Maggie said...

It's fun to be your follower of the month! :) XO

Jill said...

Great to read more about Maggie!!

Leslie said...

Thanks for showcasing another Follower of the Month. I think they are always so much fun to read.

Jenners said...

It is funny that you realized you had never read her blog before this. At least you got that fixed!! : )

Unknown said...

I just love maggie, She is someone I recently started following after she won a giveaway on my blog! Thank you for letting us get to know her more!

Sarah Coggins said...

Great to get to know Maggie. Off to check out her blog. :)