Saturday, September 4, 2010

Follower of the Month: Lane

Each month, I feature one of my followers as the "Follower of the Month". This gives me a chance to get to know my readers a little better. These posts go up the first Saturday of the month.

This month's Follower of the Month is way across the ocean. I met Lane on SHARE a few years ago and we've since become good friends. Someday, I will get that jet I've been saving up for and will hop across the ocean to meet her and some other SHARE mommies who live on that side of the Earth. Lane's blog is full of all things crafty with some excerpts of her thoughts of her 3 angel babies.

Please take a moment and meet my friend Lane!




1.What's your name? (real or user)

My real life name is Lane but used Willow/Willowlane/mummy2angels as id's in forums. Willow is my cats name which she got because I was a massive buffy fan.

2.Tell us a little bit about you.

I'm 35, married almost 13 years. I live in a small town in Wales (UK).
I have 5 sons, 2 with me and 3 who passed away before we even got to say hello.
I love to craft and am always making something.
I also sing in a ladies harmony group called Mello'D' (www.mello.co.uk)

3.When did you start blogging and why?

I started blogging in May 2007, mainly to talk about crafting. It's turned into whatever is on my mind.

4.Tell us a bit about your blog(s).

I hoped i might reach people and maybe make some friends. I don't really think anyone reads it anymore but i still post.

5.Has blogging changed you or your outlook on life at all?

I get to put my thoughts out there and if its on the blog its out of my head so i can think about other things.

6.Link us to 1 - 3 of your favorite posts from your own blog(s)

7.Link us to 1 - 3 of your favorite fellow bloggers

Well your site would be the first one obviously lol.
I have only recently started reading again so i am not following that many.

8.How did you come to be a follower of mine and why do you follow me?

I met you on Share and we have become good friends. Can't really remember how i started following your blog but it helps me in many ways. With everything that has happened you still have so much time for others.

9.What, if anything, have you gained from reading from my blog?

That bad things happen to great people but it doesn't have to be what defines who you are. I am not just a woman who's children died, i am many other things too. I have gained a great friend who doesn't realise how much she means to so many people around the world.

10. Tell me the truth, you're going to brag to all your bloggy friends that you were my follower of the month, aren't you? ;)

Yeah too right...they will both be pleased for me lol...but i will hopefully have lots more followers after this :-)


Thanks so much for being my Follower of the Month, Lane!!

If you are here from Lane's blog, Welcome. Please leave a comment so I know you were here and so I can come visit you too. Take a look around and, perhaps, you'd like to become a follower too.

If you are interested in becoming a Follower of the Month, please send me an email!


1 comment:

Joc(e) said...

Lane, thanks for mentioning my blog! I will have to take a look at yours again...I'm bad at following sometimes! (((HUGS)))