Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October 15th Photos

October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day.

This year we had our Annual Walk to Remember on the actual day.



(beginning our walk around the park)


It was our 5th annual walk and we had approximately 100 people.



(a pink balloon for my babybear)

We had a Remembrance Ceremony
which included a local artist and a local author speaking
and the reading of the babies names.


(the crowd returning from the walk)

The nice walk around the park was followed by fellowship and refreshments.


(cupcakes generously donated by one of our participants)

That evening, I participated in the World Wide Wave of Light.


(October 15th Wave of Light 2011 candle)


A nice way to remember my little girl, and all the other babies gone too soon.

I ♥ you, babybear.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

sounds like a good turnout! I missed the day for lighting the candle, but I did it the next day- I will email you a picture when I upload it!

Jenners said...

I'm sure it is comforting to have others to share your loss with.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I am sure that you (and others) found comfort in remembering. Congrats on getting such a good turn out!