Thursday, December 1, 2011

Book Review: My (not so) Story Book Life by Elizabeth Owen


You may recall me writing about
the contest
over at Mabel's House
to win a copy of Liz's first book.

Well, I was lucky enough to win!


(here's me with the book)

(she wrote a sweet note inside!)

Thanks, Liz!!

***

Review: My (not so) Story Book Life
by Elizabeth Owen



My (not so) Story Book Life is Elizabeth's account of her journey of striving for perfection to being content with life. Throughout the book, I found myself laughing at the hilarious mishaps that Elizabeth and her husband, Matt, encounter in their 1950's house; I had tears filling my eyes as I read about Liz's friend Angela, who has been diagnosed with cancer; and I was amused by the literary heroes in modern day settings. And of course, we can't forget Mabel, the canine star of Liz's blog. I still laugh at the description of Mabel barking at a ghost. "A ghost?", you say? Well, you'll have to read the book.

I have been a follower of Liz's blog for quite some time, and I felt like I was reading a story by a friend. I really enjoyed this book, and am so glad I had the opportunity to read it.

Go get yourself a copy of this book today, and if you're not already following Liz's blog, what are you waiting for??


1 comment:

Jenners said...

What a wonderful win … and it sounds like a wonderful book too! It is what all bloggers (well, OK, me) dream of!