verb (used without object), e·merged, e·merg·ing.
1. to come forth into view or notice, as from concealment or obscurity
2. to rise or come forth from or as if from water or other liquid.
3. to come up or arise, as a question or difficulty.
4. to come into existence; develop.
5. to rise, as from an inferior or unfortunate state or condition.
Every year, I choose a word to help guide me through the year.
This year, I have chosen the word Emerge.
This post put the word in my mind.
I toyed with other possible words for the year but kept coming back to Emerge.
I googled the word and came across this image.
"She Hoped To Emerge A New Woman" struck me as the perfect description.
That's exactly what I hope for in 2012.
I hope to Emerge in 2012 as a
What's your Word of the year?
Word of the Year 2011 - Courage
Word of the Year 2010 - Thrive
Word of the Year 2009 - Survive