Monday, February 4, 2013

DO: Continue Weight Loss Journey

You may recall that my Word of the Year is DO. One of the things I need to DO this year is to continue my weight loss journey. Since I'm now working full time, I decided I can finally afford a gym membership. In addition to that, I decided to sign up for a personal trainer to get me started towards my goal of losing weight and reducing pain due to Fibromyalgia. Below is a "personal prescription plan" that the trainer created for me. It's kind of hard to see from the scan I made. So far, I have only signed up for the first phase (18 sessions), but if it goes well, I just may sign up for the rest of it.


I'm looking forward to this and I hope that it works. Your moral support and encouragement is much needed! I'll post updates every so often. Here's where I'm at since my last update...

I've gained 4 more pounds since I last posted in March last year.



The fact I was beginning to gain weight again depressed me so I stopped posting about it. I actually gained a bit more than the 4 pounds mentioned but I've since gone back down a bit. Hopefully, with this new gym program and continuing to work with the trainer as well as my naturopath doctor, I will continue to lose weight and reduce pain. Wish me luck.

See more posts about my weight loss journey HERE.

3 comments:

Jenners said...

You can't stop … these weight loss journeys are long and always up and down. You gotta keep DOING. And getting a personal trainer sounds like a great step. Personalized for you and someone to be accountable to!

Emily said...

You can DO it! I love your word of the year. I think getting a trainer is great. I had success last year to finally lose some weight after I took a genetics test. If you'd like more info about that I'm glad to tell you more about how I lost 30 pounds. Little by little. ALSO, be sure to take measurements because there was a 3 week time frame where I didn't lose a single pound but I did lose 4 inches off my waist.

Caitlin said...

Good for you! I am proud of your motivation and all of the amazingly brave things you have been doing the past few months!!!!